Wednesday, February 11, 2009

American Landmarks

Where life meets us at our core is at a point when we have no options. When we are done, when we are down to our last quarter on the claw machine desperate for that stuffed bear. This is where God meets us, this is where the true human emotion of life with God rests. So many times we see our lives move fast in front of our eyes that we don't take a step back to realize where we might be. This is where God meets us, and we meet him. We give up and shake our heads and look towards the heaven and state "I can't do this, I can't live alone, I need your help, I can't do this anymore."

We miss God's beauty all around, when we stand at the Grand Canyon and want to go into the gift shop to buy a souvenir. When we sit on the shores of the ocean reading a book. God's expansive universe is in front us, and is too incredible for our minds to understand. In the old testament Moses asks God who he is, God replies "I AM". Rob Bell puts it best in saying that "this is as if God is saying you don't understand me and you cant understand me." "You cant even understand my name." This is the power of God that I want to believe in, this is the incredible power that his name is larger than anything. He has created a world that is larger than our understanding. The Grand Canyon, the ocean, the swamp land, the dessert sunsets, the Rockie mountains, all these things are in our own back yard and yet we miss them each day.

We have HD TVs and Planet Earth and we still miss the beauty of what is going on. This is a God that I believe in, a God that states you don't understand me, you cant even comprehend my name, yet I love you, I have loved you from the beginning, and I will always love you. A God who hears the cry of the weak, a God who weeps. An almighty God who can create and destroy in an instance, yet still chooses to love me unconditionally, even when I turn my back on him.

My brain cannot get around that last sentence, but the beauty is it doesn't have to for God to love me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment